Randolph E. Bank
Software, Environments, and Tools 5
Intended mainly for use as a reference manual, this third edition encompasses all the improvements of the newest version of the PLTMG software package. This updated version introduces several significant changes, including the following:
- The data structures defining the domain (triangulation and skeleton) have been simplified; more general boundary conditions are allowed.
- The internal data structure (triangle tree) has been replaced by a simple triangulation; the adaptive algorithms have been revised to use this simple data structure.
- The linear equations solvers are multigraph methods, which are simple ILU factorizations with strong connections to the hierarchical basis multigrid method.
- The graphics packages have been improved and now include expanded options.
- The test driver has a new X-Windows gui option.
This book is intended for use as a reference manual for the PLTMG software package. PLTMG was developed as a prototype program for testing and verifying the properties of various multigrid and adaptive local mesh refinement algorithms.
Preface; Chapter 1: Introduction. Problem Specification; Installation; Significant Changes; Chapter 2: Data Structures. Overview; The Triangulation; The Skeleton; Parameter and Work Arrays; Coefficient Functions; Chapter 3: Mesh Generation. Overview; Creating a Triangulation from a Skeleton; A Posteriori Error Estimates; Adaptive Mesh Refinement and Unrefinement; Adaptive Mesh Smoothing; Uniform Refinement; Creating a Skeleton from a Triangulation; Examples; Chapter 4: Equation Solution. Overview; Discretization and Numerical Quadrature; Continuation and the Parameter IPROB; Solving Nonlinear Systems; Solving Linear Systems; Subroutine PLTEVL; Examples; Chapter 5: Graphics. Overview; Subroutine TRIPLT; Subroutine INPLT; Subroutine GPHPLT; Subroutine MTXPLT; Chapter 6: Test Driver. Overview; Terminal Mode; X-Windows Mode; Batch Mode; Array Dimensions and Initialization; Reading and Writing Files; Journal Files; Subroutine USRCMD; Subroutine GDATA; Machine Dependent Routines; Chapter 7: Test Problems. Overview; Test Problem CIRCLE; Test Problem SQUARE; Test Problem DOMAINS; Test Problem NACA; Test Problem JCN; References; Index.
1998 / xii + 110 pages / Softcover / ISBN-13: 978-0-898714-09-8 / ISBN-10: 0-89871-409-5 /
List Price $58.00 / SIAM Member Price $40.60 / Order Code SE05